Particular features of the th!nkgreen organic Thrumba:
- Ripen on the tree and picked by hand
- They have the unique taste of the Thassos’ island variety
- Kept at low salinity environment
- Packaged in a modified nitrogen atmosphere
- Combined with herbs according to a recipe from Mount Athos
- Sustainable Agriculture, certified by F.O.E. (Friend Of The Earth)
Thruba is a special variety of black olives, in which a peculiar and unique way of drying is used. Therefore, it offers a special flavor, which is the task of specialists. Black olives are richer in total tocopherols than green and are the only ones containing β-tocopherols and α-tocotrienols.
The amount of salt we use reaches the ideal rate that allows the olive to be preserved without making it very salty. The modified nitrogen atmosphere method applied during packaging ensures that the olive will not be compressed and retain its liquids together with the beneficial substances. Thyme, coriander and other aromatic plants are combined on the basis of a recipe from the nearby Mount Athos and they give an original delicious taste experience to our olives.