What are the special elements of our tuna?
- It Belongs to the albacares variety of yellow fin species which is considered to be of the highest quality worldwide.
- It is sustainable fishing certified by F. O. S (Friend Of the Sea)
- Subject to the Dolphin safe Treaty.
- It is Rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- It is Baptized in the one and only Greek extra virgin olive oil of organic cultivation that gives it the perfect taste
- Natural process of smoking and not with aroma of smoke flavour.
The thinkgreen’s selected yellow fin tone is from the fine albacares variety of the species yellow fin (yellowish-fin) with a pale pink color, a solid and tender texture, along with delicate delicate flavor. It Originates from the Atlantic or Indian Ocean and is subject to the Dolphin safe Treaty, according to which the predicted conditions of sustainable fishing are observed.
We smoke the selected yellow fin tuna of thinkgreen on smoke coming from burning wood chips of beech, pine and oak. These wood chips are imported from abroad having the appropriate certifications. It is worth noting that these plants are neither mutant, nor come into contact with other mutant plants. The woods are boiled and disinsectised before being cut into chips. They are burned under conditions strictly audited by having a constant degree of humidity. Their mixing is such that the smoke produces a proper flavour, which is harmoniously inserted into the natural flavour of yellow fin tuna Albacares. The combination of smoked tuna meat with organic Greek olive oil of thinkgreen, which is later added, allows the creation of a brilliant and original flavour. Omega-3 fatty acids in tuna meat stay unchanged, so our smoked tuna continues to be a part of a healthy and balanced diet.
The difference in flavour added by this smoking procedure, makes the tuna of thinkgreen an excellent spicy appetizer combined harmoniously with ouzo, retsina and beer.
Of course you can prepare smoked tuna with salads and green leafy vegetables or legumes, or you can add it with olives and capers in tomato sauce and pasta.
Add the delicious smoked tuna of thinkgreen on your table!