“Throuba” is an unusual variety of black olives, in which a very different drying method is used, producing a quite unique flavor, truly a task for the specialists. Black olives are richer in total tocopherols than green and are the only ones containing b-tocopherols and a-tocotrienols.
Special features of th!nkgreen organic “throuba”:
- Ripened on the tree and picked by hand
- They have the unique taste of the ‘Thassos’ island variety
- Kept at low salinity
- Packaged in a modified nitrogen atmosphere
- Mixed with herbs from a recipe from Mount Athos
- Sustainable Agriculture, certified by FOE – Friend Of The Earth
The amount of salt we use is ideal for the olive to be preserved without making it too salty. The modified nitrogen atmosphere method applied during
packaging ensures that the olive isn’t compressed and so will retain its liquids together with all its beneficial ingredients. Thyme, coriander, and other aromatic plants are added from a recipe from the nearby Mount Athos, imparting a quite unique taste to our olives.