th!nkgreen’s selected yellowfin tuna is from the fine albacares variety with a yellowish fin and pale pink in color. It boasts a solid, tender texture, along with a delicate flavor. Originating from the Atlantic and the Indian Ocean, it is compliant with the Dolphin-safe Treaty, where sustainable fishing is observed.
Special features of thinkgreen tuna:
- It Belongs to the albacares varietyof yellowfin species which is considered to be of
- Sustainably fished and certified by FOS – Friend of the Sea
- Compliant with the Dolphin safe Treaty
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Dipped in organic Greek extra virgin olive oil, giving it just the perfect taste
- Undergoes the natural smoking process.
We smoke the th!nkgreen selected yellowfin tuna over certified imported burning wood chips of beech, pine and oak. The wood is boiled and disinfected before being cut into chips and burned under strictly controlled conditions at constant humidity. This process produces the appropriate flavor, mixing harmoniously with the natural flavor of yellowfin tuna Albacares. The combination of smoked tuna meat and th!nkgreen’s organic Greek olive oil, allows the creation of a brilliant, original flavor. The Omega-3 fatty acids in tuna meat remain unaffected, so our smoked tuna continues to be a part of a healthy and balanced diet.
The difference in flavor added by this smoking process makes th!nkgreen’s tuna an excellent spicy appetizer with ouzo, retsina, and beer. Of course, you can prepare smoked tuna with salads and green leafy vegetables or legumes or you can add it to olives and capers in tomato sauce and pasta.